Fraud & Ethics Hotline
The City of Mesa is committed to maintaining the
highest ethical standards in everything we do. The
Fraud & Ethics Hotline serves as a critical tool in this
effort by providing a way for employees, contractors,
and vendors to anonymously report suspected illegal,
unethical, or unsafe activity in connection with City
What types of
things should I report?
Reportable activities include, but are not limited to,
- Accounting irregularities
- Conflicts of interest
- Falsification of records
- Fraudulent insurance claims
- Kickbacks, bribes, unauthorized discounts, or
other inappropriate exchanges/relationships with
vendors or customers
- Personal use of City resources (i.e. vehicles,
tools, equipment, supplies, etc.)
- Retaliation against whistleblowers
- Safety or sanitation issues
- Serious policy violations, or other misconduct,
that could (or did) negatively impact the City
- Theft of cash, equipment, supplies, services,
time, or any other City resource
- Unauthorized release of confidential information
- Any other suspected fraudulent activity
If you wish to report any issues or complaints to the
City that do not fall under the categories listed here for
the Hotline, please call or visit the
What types of things
should I NOT use the Hotline to report?
It would not be appropriate to use the Hotline to report the
- Emergencies or other immediate public safety concerns
- Complaints against Mesa businesses, unless the issue
involves City operations or employees.
- Disputes between private citizens.
- Other issues that do not involve City of Mesa operations
When can I use the
The Fraud & Ethics Hotline operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week, 365 days a year.
Can I remain anonymous?
Yes! You do not have to give your name and the Hotline service does not
provide the City any other identifying information.
Who can I call for more
information about the Fraud & Ethics Hotline?
Contact the City Auditor at 644-3767.
You may contact the City Auditor directly at any time to report
suspected fraud or related misconduct. We will protect
your confidentiality and anonymity to the extent permitted by