The update to the City of Mesa Sign Code is currently being developed.
The current Sign Code is part of Mesa's Zoning Ordinance - Title 11 Chapter 41. It was last updated in 1986 with several sections receiving minor revisions since that time.
The current project has the following objectives:
- Revise the sign code to be consistent with the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Reed v. Town of Gilbert;
- Reorganize and reformat the sign code to become more user-friendly;
- Update requirements for both portable and permanent signs;
- Create a Sign Ordinance that is effectively ‘content neutral’, avoiding references to regulations based on sign messages; and
- Provide allowances roughly equivalent to the present sign ordinance for portable signs.
Upcoming Public Meeting dates
There are no additional scheduled meetings at this time while the sign code is being drafted.
Public Review Draft
We anticipate releasing the public review draft in October. After the public review draft is available it will be posted on this website and additional Public Hearings will be scheduled.
Please check back for updates as they become available in the near future.
2017 Advisory Board Meeting Dates and Topics
Board of Adjustment
Design Review Board
Historic Preservation Board
Planning and Zoning Board