Aerospace / Aviation / Manufacturing Assets
- Full-motion CAE flight simulators and training devices help
Professional Flight students prepare
- The Ottosen Air Traffic Control Simulation Lab provides Air
Traffic Management students with
simulators similar to the ones used at the FAA's Air Traffic
Control (ATC) Academy in Oklahoma
City. The simulator is the only one in a higher education
setting that has the control tower and
radar simulation systems interfaced.
- The Del E. Webb Altitude Chamber Lab allows students to
experience the physiological effect
that oxygen deprivation has on the body.
- Haas Technical Center is equipped with the tools that
Mechanical and Manufacturing
Engineering students use to design and build prototypes for the
aerospace, automotive and
- A Fuel Cell Laboratory provides Electronics Engineering
students with a hands-on environment
where they can design and build more efficient hydrogen fuel
Healthcare / Biosciences Assets
- Applied Biological Sciences students have access to
state-of-the-art greenhouses and the
Laboratory for Algae Research and Biotechnology, where
researchers are converting algae into
biofuels and food supplements, using algae in water remediation
and to reduce carbon dioxide.
- A Clean Room Laboratory supports a variety of research, from
the Center for Innovation in
medicine-to-wafer fabrication tools, integrated electronic
systems, electronics packaging and
testing equipment and inspection equipment.
- Pre-veterinary students attend classes in a Veterinary
- A PING Swing Analysis Lab provides Professional Golf
Management students with the
technology to analyze their swing and help improve their golf
skills and game.
- Unique research at ASU Poly includes the work of scientists
Milton Sommerfeld and Qiang Hu and
their conversion of algae feedstock to fuel. Sommerfeld and Hu
were among a select group chosen
as nominees for a 2009 World Technology Award by the World
Technology Network (WTN), and Time magazine selected the
researchers' work as one of the best innovations for 2008.
High Tech / Information Technology Assets
- The I3DEA Laboratory provides Computer Science students with a
focus on imaging and
3-Dimensional (3D) data like face authentication and handwriting
analysis. The research lab has
several federally funded projects.
- The Laboratory for Enterprise Application Development (LEAD)
promotes applied research,
teaching and industry outreach in the areas of distributed and
software engineering and opensource software.