and Medical Department
FIREFIGHTER RECRUIT Hiring Update
Next application process will take place in 2014
Subscribe to Mesa Fire
and Medical News to receive email updates on the recruitment
and hiring process.
- Minimum Applicant requirements
- 18 years of age by closing date
- High school diploma or GED by closing date
- Current EMT or Paramedic certification at the time of
application OR currently (by the close of applications) completed or
enrolled in an EMT certification program which starts no later than
January 31, 2012: EMT certifiation must be kept current.
Note: State of Arizona EMT or Paramedic certification will be
required before invitation to the Intern Orientation and must be
kept current thereafter. For State of Arizona EMT or Paramedic
certification information, see the Arizona Department of Health
Services website at
- Applicant Requirements
- Must have AZ EMT or NR (National Registry) EMT Certification and
- Must have valid Arizona Drivers License by hire date.
- Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT)
- The Mesa Fire Department will accept CPAT scores from CPAT
licensees only. This is your responsibility, the
City of Mesa Fire Department will not be holding a CPAT
- Need current CPAT?
Things To Do
Outside Fire Related Links
|It's never too early to
begin preparing for the firefighter recruit hiring process.
Here is a list of suggested "Things To Do".
||Links to national firefighter
- Find out more about the Candidate Physical Ability
- Consider taking
Community College EMT and Fire Science
- Review the Firefighter-Recruit job description.
- Check out the City of Mesa's benefit package.
- Check out the firefighter
Public Safety Retirement
- Learn about the Mesa Fire Department
- Interested in becoming a Fire Department Volunteer?
Not sure if firefighting is for you? Find out more about
what firefighters do.
Both the job hotline (480-644-2759 or 1-800-662-5053) and
this website will be updated when new information becomes available.
(Access to the internet is also available at local libraries).