and Medical Department
FIREFIGHTER RECRUIT Hiring Update
Job Interest Cards
Subscribe to Mesa Fire
and Medical News to receive email updates on the recruitment
and hiring process.
- Minimum Applicant requirements
- Applicant Requirements
- Must have AZ EMT or NR (National Registry) EMT Certification and
- Must have valid Arizona Drivers License by hire date.
- Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT)
- The Mesa Fire Department will accept CPAT scores from CPAT
licensees only. This is your responsibility, the
City of Mesa Fire Department will not be holding a CPAT
- Need current CPAT?
Things To Do
Outside Fire Related Links
|It's never too early to
begin preparing for the firefighter recruit hiring process.
Here is a list of suggested "Things To Do".
||Links to national firefighter
- Find out more about the Candidate Physical Ability
- Consider taking
Community College EMT and Fire Science
- Review the Firefighter-Recruit job description.
- Check out the City of Mesa's benefit package.
- Check out the firefighter
Public Safety Retirement
- Learn about the Mesa Fire Department
- Interested in becoming a Fire Department Volunteer?
Not sure if firefighting is for you? Find out more about
what firefighters do.
Both the job hotline (480-644-2759 or 1-800-662-5053) and
this website will be updated when new information becomes available.
(Access to the internet is also available at local libraries).