Parks Rules and Regulations
As you enjoy Mesa's many and diverse parks, please respect
the rights of others, and comply with all park regulations.
List of Parks and Facilities
It is unlawful to conduct any of the following activities in
Mesa parks or retention basins.
- Smoking under picnic ramadas
- Discarding litter or trash
- Dogs on-leash are welcome at all City Parks. To find out about
designated dog parks
in Mesa, visit the
Dog Parks page.
- Hitting golf balls or shooting arrows
- Using any wind craft or boats
- Driving motorized vehicles in non-designated areas
- Using model planes, boats or cars without permission.
See full rules regarding remote
- Throwing or discarding any object or substance into lake
or retention pond
- Swimming or wading in any lake or retention pond
- Possessing any glass containers
- Vandalizing or removing park property or wildlife
- Using materials other than charcoal in designated grills
or fire pits
- Repairing or maintaining vehicles
- Advertising or soliciting goods or services
- Possessing or consuming spirituous liquor, beer or wine
(group permits are available for beer & wine only in the
following parks: Dobson Ranch, Falcon Field, Fitch,
Pioneer, Red Mountain, Riverview). See full rules
regarding alcohol permits.
- Riding horses or bringing equestrian animals onto park,
recreation, or commercial facility grounds except on
designated bridal paths, trails or other equestrian areas
- Iceblocking or water sliding in any park, basin,
recreation or commercial facility area
- Camping or use of parks, basins or recreation facilities
beyond designated operational hours except for casees where
a special permit is issued by the department
To report violations of the above, please call 480-644-2352.
Rules regarding Electric Powered
Helicopters, Aircraft and Model Rockets
- Mesa City Code prohibits the flying of model aircraft in
parks and basins except Basin 116 (airplanes) and Basin 114
(helicopters). A special use permit for Basin 114 is
held by the Superstition Radio Control Helicopter
- Basin 114 is to be used for the operation of electric
powered model helicopters only. Use of other remote
controlled vehicles (internal combustion aircraft, R/C cars,
airplanes, gliders, etc.) or model rockets is not allowed.
Please visit Basin 116 for airplane flights. Basins
are available for drop-in use on a first-come, first-served
- Radio frequencies are shared with the Arizona Wingnutz
AMA Charter Club #4702, permit holder for aircraft use in
- Basin 114 approved frequencies are:
- Channels 11-35 on the 72 MHz band
- Channels 0-9 on the 50 MHz band
- Any spread spectrum radio system on the 2.4 GHz
model aircraft on any other frequency is Strictly Prohibited
All AMA National Safety Rules
apply (www.modelaircraft.org, (765) 287-1256)
Insurance is required to fly
model aircraft (through AMA or private provider).
- All spectators must stay outside of flight areas.
Pilots must fly from the bottom of the basin.
- These rules are in accordance with Mesa City Code,
Chapter 10, Section 6-10-3 (L)
- Please fly safely!
Both basin 114 and 116 are located near the intersection of
Elliot and Crismon Roads:
Basin 114 is located at 10226 E. Elliot Road
Basin 116 is located at 9750 E Elliot Road