Batting Cage Usage Rules and Guidelines
Gene Autry Sports Complex
These guidelines have been developed by the City of Mesa to
govern usage of the batting cage area at the Gene Autry Sports
Complex. These guidelines are to be adhered to at all times.
Failure to follow these guidelines will result in immediate
termination of usage privileges by all members of offending user
group. City of Mesa personnel reserve the right to terminate
usage privileges at any time.
1. Only City of Mesa-approved user groups will have access to
the batting cage area.
2. All users of the batting cages understand they use the
facility at their own risk. The City of Mesa is not liable for
any personal injury or equipment damage sustained in or around
the batting area.
3. User groups will only allow registered program participants
to use the batting cages. No parents, other relatives, or
friends of program participants are allowed inside of the cages.
4. User groups will only allow approved adults (18 years and
older) to supervise the cages, set-up/take-down equipment, and
operate machines and lighting.
5. The batting cage area must be supervised by an approved adult
during scheduled usage.
6. The user group will provide the pitching machines and balls
for use in the cages; the City will provide the netting and
7. User groups personnel will set-up, take-down, and maintain
the batting cage area during scheduled usage. All users are
expected to keep the batting cage area clean and free of litter
and pick up all trash at the conclusion of usage.
8. All users must wear batting helmets when entering the cage
and while batting.
9. Only two people will be in the cage at one time: the pitching
machine operator and the batter.
10. Pitching machine operators must use the L-screens at all
times of operation.
11. Pitching machine adjustments must not be made with a batter
in front of the machine. All adjustments need to be made from
behind the machine. The speed of the machine should be set to
the appropriate levels for the age of the user.
12. The pitching machines should never be used in wet or
extremely windy weather. At the first sign of rain, it is the
responsibility of the user group representative to pull all
power cords and put all machines back in the storage area.
13. The last group to use the cages will put away all equipment,
turn off lights, and make sure everything is secured and locked.
14. User groups allowed only to use batting cage during current
reservation. Usage time concludes ten (10) minutes prior to the
end of the user group's facility reservation time.
15. Any equipment malfunction, damage to the batting cage area,
or potential hazards must be reported by the user group
representative immediately upon notice to the City of Mesa