We are seeking to hire competitive, visionary,
and innovative employees who enjoy challenges, are
problem-solvers, and have excellent team-working skills.
- Come work in the 3rd largest Police Agency in the State
- We have competitive salaries and benefits.
- We have transfer and promotional opportunities.
- After probation, Lateral Officers may use 50% of their
former police agency time towards the three year patrol
- Check out what we have to offer you!
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Applicant must currently be, or has been, an Arizona Post certified sworn peace officer
in good standing.
- Applicants must first apply online at
Complete and submit the on-line application and
supplement. You must then print, complete and notarize the background
questionnaire packet and mail directly to: Mesa Police
Department, Attn: PD Human Resources, P.O. Box 1466, Mesa,
- Once the
application is received it will be reviewed to determine if
all of the minimum requirements for a Lateral transfer are
met. A Hiring Unit Detective will then contact the applicant
for a prescreen interview, which is usually done over the
Please refer to the in-state
applicant checklist regarding items that must be submitted
to the Hiring Unit upon successful completion of the
pre-screen interview. The applicant checklist can be found
by clicking on the Forms link located on the Police
Officer Lateral home page.
- Testing process will include a physical assessment test,
oral board interview, background interview, polygraph, and background investigation. If candidate
is given a conditional offer of hire, then a psychological
exam and medical exam must be completed.
Successful completion of an extensive background
investigation, along with polygraph, physical agility, medical
and psychological examinations are required. A Police
Officer - Lateral is not required to attend the Mesa Police
$50,960.00 - $65,436.80
depending upon experience.
- Application will be posted when the position is open.
Mesa Police Department
Human Resources Section
PO Box 1466
Mesa, AZ 85211