New Hire Mentor Program
The Mesa Police Department is a law enforcement family. We
value the success of each of our members. The New Hire Mentor
program is a means for us to ensure your successful transition
into the department.
The New Hire Mentor program was formally implemented on April
1, 2007. The program is an integral part of the recruiting,
hiring and training of each newly hired employee. The mentor
will serve as an advisor, supporter, contact person and resource
for information, helping the new hire make a successful
transition into their new work environment.
Orient new members to the organization by:
- Providing information on the Police Department's vision
- Providing insight and overview of the Police Department
and the City of Mesa.
- Providing opportunities to enhance employee experience
and skill development.
- Exploring future opportunities for career development.
- Encouraging successful completion of the training
One of the best ways for people to learn is from each
other. The Mesa Police Department New Hire Mentor program is a
perfect method for members to develop learning relationships
within the Mesa Police Department.
For questions regarding the Hiring or Testing process, e-mail