Explorer Post #2055
"Building a Better Tomorrow Today"
The Mesa Police Department Explorer Post is dedicated to preparing young
men and women for a career in law enforcement by developing a fundamental
understanding of police prodecures, duties and concepts. The Mesa PD Explorer
Post embraces a community service attitude, profesionalsim and requires ethics
in all who are Explorers.
What is Law Enforcement Exploring?
Exploring is the young adult career education program of learning for life
for both young men and women who are age 14 and graduates of the eighth grade or
15 through 19 years of age. Law Enforcement Exploring is a youth development
program centered on law enforcement careers. Law Enforcement Explorers might
choose to take part in crime prevention activities, community policing, traffic
control, fingerprinting, ride-alongs, patrol procedures and connecting
activities with high schools, court systems and national state and local
academies. The bottom line is that Law Enforcement Exploring is an
action-oriented, hands-on career discovery program. Exploring is a
division of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Be 14 to 19 years of age. (14 years old is acceptable
only if you have graduated from eighth grade.)
- Have a good moral character.
- Remain in school while in the program or until
- Maintain a "C" average or higher.
- Not have a serious police record.
- Take and pass a written exam.
- Be able to attend Explorer
- Be willing to volunteer your time to attend Explorer
- Be willing to commit to the Explorer code and exemplify
the professional image fo the Mesa Police Department.
Both male and female young adults who meet these requirements are encouraged to
How do I apply?
- Obtain an application packet.
- Complete the application packet and bring it to an Explorer meeting.
- Complete and pass an interview.
- Complete a willingness questionnaire.
- Pass a background investigation.
- Explorer staff and advisors make a determination on acceptance or
Explorers meet every Tuesday at
5:30 p.m. Meetings are held at the
Public Safety Training
Facility and typically last 3 hours. Please call 480-644-4000 to verify there is a
meeting scheduled before attending. If you wish to have
an application packet mailed to you, please call 480-644-4000.