Help Eliminate Auto Theft (H.E.A.T.)
Did you know that the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB)
recommends a "layered approach" to protection? The more layers of
protection on your vehicle, the tougher it is to steal!
With the goal of reducing property crime a top priority, Mesa
Police Department Crime Prevention is offering a program called
Help Eliminate Auto Theft (HEAT), which aims to
teach crime prevention techniques through community awareness
events. Since the program's inception, Mesa has seen a large
reduction in automobile thefts.
Attend a HEAT event to
have your vehicle identification number (VIN) etched on your
vehicle windows and learn more about auto theft
prevention. Have your vehicle etched at any HEAT event listed
below and get a free steering wheel lock while supplies last.
- There is no charge to have the etching done; it's FREE!
- No reservation is necessary; come and go.
- Attend anytime during the hours scheduled.
- Please be in line at least 15 minutes prior to the end
time. Vehicles will not be taken the last 15 minutes.
- The actual etching takes approximately 10
minutes. Depending on how many vehicles are in line, will
determine your wait.
- Please be sure to have your vehicle registration and
insurance information with you.
- Check with your insurance company once your vehicle is
etched. Some will give a small discount, as it is a theft
- Out-of-state vehicles are welcome.
Visit the Arizona Automobile Theft Authority (AATA)
Web site for
valleywide VIN etching events and to register your vehicle
in the Watch Your Car program.
Mesa Police Department
PO Box 1466
Mesa, AZ 85211