DO NOT IGNORE IT. Follow the instructions on the citation within 10 days of receipt:
- Contact the civil hearing office clerk (480-644-4853) regarding your options for the disposition of the civil citation. The civil hearing office clerk cannot discuss the details of the violation(s) itself.
- If you have questions or need to discuss the violation(s), contact the code compliance officer, whose number is also on the civil citation.
- Even if you speak to the code compliance officer regarding the violation(s), you must follow-up with the civil hearing office clerk regarding the citation - these offices are separate.
- Taking care of the violation after receipt of the civil citation does not negate the civil citation. You still MUST contact the civil hearing office regarding the civil citation.
- The letter accompanying the civil citation also contains critical information.
- You may plead responsible and pay the fees and fines. The civil hearing office clerk will supply the amount due.
- If you feel that the violation on the civil citation did not occur on the date and time in question, or if you feel that there are extenuating circumstances, you may request a hearing. If found responsible at hearing, you may be assessed a civil hearing fee in the amount of $140 in addition to any citation fines and/or applicable fees.
- If you do neither of the above, you will be found responsible by default and assessed the appropriate fees and fines. An invoice will be sent to the responsible party for said fees and fines. The invoice amount is due within 30 days.
- If the fees and fines are not paid, a lien may be placed against your property.
City Ordinance states: Any owner, occupant or responsible party who is found responsible for a civil violation of this Chapter whether by admission, default, or after a hearing, shall pay a civil sanction of not less than $150 or more than $1,500 per citation.
A second finding of responsibility within 24 months of the commission of a prior violation of this Chapter shall result in a civil sanction of not less than $250 or more than $2,500.
A third finding of responsibility within 36 months of the commission of a prior violation of this chapter shall result in a civil sanction of not less than $500 or more than $2,500. In addition to the civil sanction, the responsible party shall pay the applicable fees and charges.
Schedule of Fees and Charges, and may be ordered to pay any other applicable fees and charges.
An initial re-inspection fee of $200 will be charged for the first date of violation to be cited. A re-inspection fee of $100 will be charged for each additional date of violation.