Mesa Fire and Medical Department
The City of Mesa, Arizona Government announced today the finalists for the Mesa Fire Chief position. They are Mary Cameli, Cori Hayes and Mike Dunn, all currently serving as Assistant Fire Chiefs with the Mesa Fire and Medical Department. The finalists were selected after reviewing several applications from across the country.
“I am confident that we have chosen three highly qualified and talented candidates for the Fire Chief position,” City Manager Chris Brady said. “These individuals know the community, have great relationships with the rank and file members and are committed to the organization and its mission.”
Brady also announced that Assistant Fire Chief Mary Cameli has agreed to serve as the Interim Fire Chief of the Mesa Fire & Medical Department following the retirement of Chief Harry Beck. She will begin her new assignment on Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2016.
Cameli has 33 years with the City of Mesa and currently oversees the Emergency Medical Services Division, Planning and Research Division, Personnel and Wellness and the CMS Healthcare Innovation Grant. Mary has received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Elementary Education and Physical Education from Southern Utah University. She holds a Master’s Degree in Organizational Management from the University of Phoenix.
Cameli will serve as the Interim until a new chief is hired. The final process to determine the next Fire Chief will begin in mid-October.
Shown left to right are Chief Cameli, Chief Dunn and Chief Hayes.
Fire Based Emergency Medical Services
- Changes in Fire Department EMS Delivery
- Fire Service-Based EMS...A New Tool Kit for Use
- Fire Service-Based EMS Electronic Tool Kit
- Mesa Fire and Medical Department (MFMD) nor any of its programs or partners do not authorize any entity to solicit, collect or raise funds in exchange for product on our behalf. If you are contacted by anyone attempting to do so you are encouraged to contact MFMD or The Internet Crime Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov).
- MFMD does not have any connection to any outside agencies professing to provide or offering to provide inspections, tests or certifications to homes or businesses. Please contact Mesa Fire and Medical Department Fire Marshal office 480-644-2622.