Housing, Community Development & Human Services20 E. Main Street, Suite 250
Mesa, AZ 85201
PO Box 1466
Mesa, AZ 85211-1466
Hours of Operation
TDD, Arizona Relay:
800-367-8939 or 7-1-1
Resident Advisory Board Meeting
There will be a Resident Advisory Board (RAB) Meeting on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. The RAB Meeting will be located at Mesa City Plaza, 20 E Main Street, Mesa, AZ 85201, Suite 170. Action items to be discussed include a Revised City of Mesa Housing Authority's FY16/17 Public Housing Agency (PHA) Annual Plan, and a Revised City of Mesa Housing Authority's Administrative Plan. Please see the below Agenda for more information.
The Housing and Community Development Division oversees a variety of programs designed to assist Mesa's low and/or moderate income individuals and families. To accomplish this task, the Division has assumed a number of vital roles within the community.
Exceptional customer service to Mesa residents, neighborhoods and agencies by providing resources to improve the quality of life for the community.
Information for Individuals & Families
Rental Assistance Programs / Housing Authority
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8)
- Security Deposit Assistance under Tenant Based Rental Assistance [PDF] (TBRA)
- Moving with continued Voucher Assistance (Section 8) - Port-in or Port-out State
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- Project-Based Vouchers (property-specific assistance)
- HUD-VASH (Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing)
- Shelter + Care
- Waiting Lists for Rental Assistance
- Contact Lists for Other Assistance
- Landlord Information (Including Arizona Landlord/Tenant Act)
Homeowner Emergency Repair Assistance
Grant Information for Sub-Recipients, Developers & Contractors
The City has been designated as an entitlement community by HUD and this Division also oversees the following Community Development programs:
- Reports, Plans & Substantial Amendments
- Funding Schedules & Information
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
- Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG)
- Human Services
The Human Services Division is responsible for funding and coordinating a comprehensive social services delivery system for Mesa. This office represents the City on social service issues such as homelessness, poverty, domestic violence and other regional human services issues.