Collection of appliances such as refrigerators, air compressors, dishwashers, stoves, washers/dryers, water heaters, microwaves, evaporative coolers, etc. is available and must be scheduled in advance.
These items should not be placed in the regular trash bin as they can overload the container as well as create a safety hazard.
Why should I recycle my community's appliances?
- Safe Freon removal - Since 1992, federal law prohibits the release of ozone depleting refrigerants into the atmosphere. Freon must be first be removed from appliances by a certified technician before they can be recycled.
- Conserve natural resources - Appliances are broken down into parts and recycled accordingly.
What days are available for pick up in my area?
How much does it cost?
Multi-unit communities will be charged $18.00 for each appliance picked up at their property. There is also a $10 charge for every appliance that contains Freon.
How do I schedule this service?
Appliance collection must be scheduled in advance by contacting Solid Waste at 480-644-6789. Customers may also submit an online request and a Solid Waste representative will call you within one business day to schedule the pickup. (Requests can only be submitted by authorized customer listed on service account)*
To prepare for pickup, and for safety reasons, please follow the guidelines listed below relating to refrigerators, freezers or freezer chests, ovens, or any other appliance that may pose a hazard to children:
- Remove refrigerator and/or freezer doors.
- Tape refrigerator and/or freezer doors shut using strong tape.
- Lay refrigerator and/or freezer on curb with doors face down.
* If you need to cancel or reschedule, a 24-hour advance notice is required and you may do so by calling (480) 644-6789. A trip fee of $11.17 will be assessed if items are not at the curb when our crew arrives.