This conservation site is dedicated to helping homeowners associations, businesses and multifamily properties reduce water consumption. Generally, the biggest expense of a HOA is water and landscaping. So jump in and get some ideas for saving money and water!
To assist our non-residential customers with saving water, the City of Mesa is offering a Grass-to-Xeriscape rebate, funded through a grant from the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation. When a non-residential customer applies to remove 10,000 square feet or more of established and living grass and plans to replace it with a water-thrifty landscape, the project may qualify to receive a $5,000 rebate from the City of Mesa. Funds are limited and are on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact Becky Zusy at (480) 644-3058 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to ensure availability of funds.
Rebates & Water Saving Programs
- Landscape Watering Calculator Helps you estimate how much water you should be using on your landscape each month.
- WATER CONSERVATION is Everyone's Business The City of Mesa will support local restaurants and businesses (including HOA's) with a free pre-rinse spray valve (for dishwashing operations) and a WaterBroom device (for floor surface and pool deck water-friendly cleanup). Call (480-644-3306) or email us to claim yours while supplies last!
- Commercial Grass-to-Xeriscape Rebate
- Residential Grass-to-Xeriscape Rebate
Landscape Contract Resources
- Sample Landscape Contract
- Horticultural Professionals
- Common Issues at HOAs
- Hiring a Contractor
- Questions to Ask When Hiring a Landscaper
- Landscape Maintenance Considerations for HOAs
City and Other Links
- Living Green & Sustainability Programs
- Landscape Watering Reminder - Sign up for a monthly watering schedule and reminder.
- Neighborhood Services - City of Mesa services and assistance.
- Leadership Centre - Find leadership, educational and mediation resources.
- Smartscape Graduates - Graduates of the Smartscape Certified Landscaper program have received 20 hours of specialized training for landscaping appropriately in the desert. Smartscape classes cover topics specific to designing, renovating and maintaining desert adapted plants, drip irrigation design and installation, water management and irrigation controllers, and solutions to plant problems.
- Irrigation Association Certified Professionals Certified irrigation professionals are committed to managing water efficiently. They understand the latest irrigation technology and techniques. Click the link to find a certified professional for your irrigation project.