General Barrel Reminders
Trash and recycle barrel service is provided Monday-Saturday, including
all holidays. To allow safe pedestrian access, suggested barrel placement is as
|Barrels should be placed in the gutter and
not on the sidewalk.
Placement exception: Only customers residing on streets that
have a 35 MPH or higher speed limit should place their
containers on the sidewalk.
When placing your barrel out for collection, please remember the
- Place the barrel out anytime after 6 p.m. the night before but no
later than 6 a.m. on your scheduled
collection day, including all holidays, to ensure service. Remove the barrel from the
curb no later than 6 a.m. the following day.
- Place the barrel in the gutter with the handle of the barrel facing
the house. To allow free and clear pedestrian access, please do not
- Avoid placing barrel near objects that may prevent collection (e.g.-
vehicles, light poles, mailboxes, planters, walls, etc.)
- Do not park vehicles near or in front of barrels that are placed out
- Do not overfill barrel. The lid must be closed in order for
the container to be serviced.
- Do not place items on the ground around the barrel or on top of the
- Do not use any other containers other than City provided barrels for
garbage, green waste or recyclables.
- Do not let children play inside the barrels, or near the collection
If your barrel is in need of repair or replacement, please
call Customer Service or complete an
online service request.
Solid Waste Management Department
Mesa, AZ 85211
Walk-in service requests/payments:
55 N. Center St.
6935 E. Decatur St.
Mesa, AZ 85207
7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Fridays & holidays
Missed barrel notification
Barrel collection schedule
Barrel or service requests
All other service requests should be directed to
Charlie the Recycling Chimp school
Email us (General Questions)