Industrial Pretreatment Permit
The Industrial Pretreatment Section uses the following criteria
to determine if your facility will need a discharge permit.
This criteria can be found in Mesa City Code and the
Federal Code of Regulations, Part 403
- Your facility is subject to any categorical standard.
- Contributes a process wastewater that makes up five
percent or more of the average dry-weather hydraulic
capacity of any of the treatment plants.
- Discharges an average of 25,000 gallons per day or more
of process wastewater, excluding sanitary wastewater and
- Designated by the Utilities Manager upon a finding that
the facility has a reasonable potential for adversely
affecting Mesa's treatment/collection operations or
violating any pretreatment standard or requirement.
- Discharges any pollutants from groundwater that is
subject to a remedial action plan that has been approved by
an appropriate regulatory agency. Discharges any
substances defined in
Mesa City Code Title 8, Chapter 4, Section 15.
- Has a discharge that is either domestic in nature, or
has no discharge at all, but such facility does have
significant quantities of pollutants that, if discharged,
would be regulated.
If you feel your facility requires a permit, please call the
Industrial Pretreatment Office at (480) 644-2484, or contact us
Industrial Pretreatment Home
need a Permit?
Industrial Pretreatment Information