The Wastewater Collection section treats the public sewer
manholes for cockroaches. A latex-based
insecticide paint is used to coat the inside of manhole walls.
Once the insecticide paint is applied, it is effective at
controlling cockroach re-infestation for at least two years.
The Roach Hotline (480-644-3550) is an easy way to report
infestations or sightings of cockroaches suspected of
originating from the City's sanitary sewer system. When a call
is received Wastewater Collection Services will respond in one
of two ways:
Records will be reviewed and if
the manhole has been treated within the last two years, the
caller will be notified. No field check will be performed.
If records indicate no
has been applied to the manhole near the caller's address
in the last two years, a field check will be performed.
Nearby sanitary sewer manholes will be treated with
insecticide and the caller will be informed whether roaches
were observed or not.
Roach Control Tips
- Keep drains covered if not in use for long periods of time.
- Keep drains filled with water to keep P-traps from drying out.
- Attach properly fitted door sweeps, caulk around windows and
seal any cracks in a building's foundation.
- Check for cracks or crevices in baseboards, water pipes, vents
or windows that could be potential entryways.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers, including pet food.
- Use a professional exterminator to regularly treat your home or
business inside and out.
Roach Control Solutions
Roach Hotline: 480-644-3550